But some days I have managed to make bagels (which we have instead of bread), and I am slowly perfecting the technique and cooking times. I will post this recipe at a later date, when I am satisfied with it. I am finding bread making really therapeutic, especially the kneading and watching it double in size! And there is of course the added bonus of freshly baked bread with butter... YUM!!
This week we have been finishing off homemade soups which were frozen or made last weekend. Unfortunately I have not taken photos and couldn't bring myself to write my blog... I will post the soup recipes next time I make them. However, last night... in an attempt to get a bit more protein in the diet with relatively little effort.. I made frittata. I love making this as you can pretty much put what you want in, and last night I used anything I could find in the fridge or freezer... and it turned out really well! So I thought I would share the recipe here. The fresh Thyme I used was actually frozen... I use it in a few soup recipes so leaving it in the freezer saves money.
I am going to post photos whenever I can, so instead of listing a load of tried and tested recipes I will post them as and when I make them. And of course that depends on how I am feeling.
Anyway! Here is the next recipe...
Goats Cheese Frittata
Serves 4
6 large eggs
4 tbsp milk
1 large onion (diced)
1/2 tsp ground cumin
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaved (chopped)
1 tbsp dried parsley
half punnet cherry tomatoes (cut into halves)
3 handfuls frozen peas
100g goats cheese
salt and pepper
Heat the oven to 180'c (fan assisted).
Cook the onion, garlic, thyme and parsley in an oven proof frying pan until the onions are soft.
Add the tomatoes and peas and cook for 5 minutes. During this time beat the eggs, milk, cumin, salt and pepper together (I used about 1 tsp salt and 2 tsp pepper).
Pour the egg mix over the the pan mixture and cook on the lowest heat possible on the hob until the mix is begining to set, but is still a bit runny on top (takes about 10 mins).
Scatter the goats cheese on top and place in the oven on the top shelf until the mixture is set and has risen in the pan (5-15 minutes depending on how wet the mix was). Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a couple of minutes before cutting and serving. I usually serve it with salad and bread.
************************
I hope you give this a go! I will post some more frittata recipes in the near future but they are so simple you can pretty much add anything (although be careful if the ingredients are too wet as it may not set).
So... today's bagels have been proving and are ready to shape. Off I go... if they work out nicely I will post the recipe later with a picture.
Take care of yourself. Lots of love xxx
This looks lovely :-) Xx
ReplyDelete